Guest Post from MSI Press Author Marti Wells-Smith's Blog: Angels All Around Us

 


Angels All Around Us

Dear Kindred Spirits in Christ,


I've been thinking about the unseen heavenly realm this holiday season, and how real it is. Twice in my life, I've felt the presence of angels - and they were profound, supernatural experiences that I'll never forget. My first encounter was when I was traveling on a four lane highway at dusk. I saw a car cross the median and come barreling toward me, and only had seconds to respond. I felt invisible hands touch mine and guide me safely to the side of the road. I pondered the event heavily, and could only surmise that it wasn't my time yet.

The second event was when I was with my extended family at a regional hospital. We had gathered to be with my mother, who was not going to survive emergency surgery. In the wee hours, right before her passing, I was resting, half asleep, when I felt an invisible presence swoosh over me, moving toward her direction. It was a peaceful encounter, and I knew without doubt that a loved one had arrived to assist her home.

There are many beautiful scriptures in the Word concerning angelic beings. Hebrews 1:14 asks the question: Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Hebrews 13:2 states: He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you...

They are sent to protect or give messages from God. We know from the Bible that they worship Him at His holy throne, and that many are preparing for the final war in the army of Christ. Angelic beings lead full, astonishingly blessed lives that we can barely imagine while in the flesh. This leads me to ponder our loved ones gone on - that they, too, are now angels!

My son, who passed on in 2019, has visited me with wondrous signs and messages. But I've only seen him in my dreams. And although I couldn't glimpse the presence of angels in the two experiences I've written of here - I know that they do manifest themselves in likenesses that we can actually see, based on scripture and experiences shared by others.
Read the rest of the post HERE.




Read more posts about Marti and her book HERE.


Read more posts about death HERE.

Read more posts about grief, HERE.


FOR A FREE SAMPLE CHAPTER FROM MARTI'S BOOK, CLICK HERE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion

Author in the news: Gregg Bagdade participates in podcast, "Chicago FireWives: Married to the Job