Guest Post from Franki Bagdade (I Love My Kids, But I Don't Always Like Them): The Day I Learned I Was Really Important, Just Not in the Way I Thought

 


Shared from Jackie's blog: 

The Day I Learned I Was Really Important, Just Not in the Way I Thought

The past week or so has been tough! Blog subject, or maybe book subject tough. On Tuesday I picked up a full mug of coffee and felt a familiar dull ache. This ache sent a panicked message to my brain. Oh crap! I’m getting a flare.


My "tell" that a fibro flare is coming is this dull achy hand and wrist pain. So uncomfortable that I can’t wrap my fingers around a glass or even hold my phone without making it worse. I quickly calmed myself with the reminder that I hadn’t had a flare up that lasted more than a few days in over three years. Whatever I was doing, meds, supplements, diet, exercise-ish (being honest here), was keeping my symptoms at bay! For the rest of the day I took it easy on my joints and tried my best to stay calm.


Later that my evening my shoulders and neck started to ache but again I reminded myself that it should all be over soon. I thought about how lucky I was to be taking vacation days right now over my kids’ winter break, and enjoyed some Netflix and a book, being careful to take breaks from holding my Hindle when it triggered pain in my hand.


The next morning I woke up feeling a bit worse, but figured “Hey it’s the grand finale! I’ll be better by tomorrow.” When I woke up on day three with more symptoms, now feeling exactly like I had the flu, I got a bit concerned. Because we are currently living in a pandemic and Omicron symptoms are constantly swirling in my head I pulled out my sacred stash of at-home Covid tests. Thankfully it was negative.
Living with a chronic illness, especially one with vague symptoms and a reality that waking up feeling 85% healthy was a "good day" did not help my pandemic anxiety nor my susceptibility to illness anxiety. If you google Fibromyalgia symptoms, and I strongly suggest you don't, you will find hundreds of them. This is not, however, a blog post about living through a pandemic with an anxiety disorder and a predisposition for hypochondria, though I'm now realizing that one of those will be coming soon.  

Read the remainder of this very information blog post HERE.

Follow Franki's blog HERE.

Read more posts about chronic illness HERE.

Read more posts about parenting HERE.




Read more posts about Franki and her book HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion

Author in the news: Gregg Bagdade participates in podcast, "Chicago FireWives: Married to the Job