Understanding How Muscle Builds: Grandma's Simple Way of Understanding Gym Training



So, I learned something new this week. Iterations matter as much as weight. In fact, I can try to lift heavier weights, or I can get the same benefit by lifting a lesser weight more times.

As my starting point, then, I will use:

15 iteratinos
5 pounds

That sounds like not very much to all you readers who are have stayed in shape -- unlike me, an almost-septaguarian wth five decades behind me of NO physical activity. Hey, at least I am doing it now. Better late than never, right?

Who else out there in their 60s and 70s is striving to get back into shape -- or enter competitions? Would love to hear from you!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion

Author in the news: Gregg Bagdade participates in podcast, "Chicago FireWives: Married to the Job