Excerpt from How to Stay Calm in Chaos (Gentile): Monday

 



Monday

Stay Motivated

What motivates you to get out of bed every day?

There’s a reason why Motivation Monday is a thing. It’s the start of the work and school week, with the possibility of making room for something new. If you’re feeling like every day is just a blur, find what motivates you to help you bring more meaning to your day. Everyone is motivated in a different way. What motivated you before might not work for you anymore, so let’s explore what can help you get and stay motivated in times of chaos with the ideas below:

·       Start your day with purpose and intention. Choose an affirmation from the practice below to get started.

·       Wake up with something to look forward to every day, even if it’s small. It could be eating delicious, gluten-free dark chocolate chip pancakes (even better if someone else makes them), giving your kids a big snuggle, exercising, or eating a quality piece of organic dark chocolate. (Can you tell I like dark chocolate?) Choose something that’s going to help you stay well in this new reality.

·       Move around the energy in your body. I exercise almost every morning. The mood boost I get after I exercise is pure motivation for me. I keep coming back to it because it works. Yoga works for me, too. I’m a calmer person because of it. Get started with a yoga practice on my Stand Up for Your Self-Care YouTube Channel and at www.juliegtheyogi.com.

·       Do something that inspires and uplifts your spirit every day. Spend time on a project, such as an art project or a personal passion, to get into a creative flow.

·       Celebrate the tiny victories to keep going. Plan mini parties for the people you live with, such as Friday night pizza-making parties or impromptu dance sessions.

·       Create your own excitement. Reinvent something about yourself or in your life.

·       Keep it simple. Don’t overthink or overdo.

·       Stay in a state of positivity, inspiration, and gratitude. You are equipped to handle this.

 

Self-Care Practice: Write a Self-Affirmation to Stay Motivated

I wrote the affirmations below on our family chalkboard with my kindergartner halfway through his kindergarten year, but these are timeless for those looking for a motivation boost. We say these in the morning and before bed. He says them first and then I repeat them.

I like myself.

I love myself.

I believe in myself.

I’m a good person.

I can do it.

Which one motivates you? What would you add?

 

Bonus Tip: Write your affirmations on little pieces of paper and place them in a jar next to your bed. Pick out one every morning and use that to bring more intention to your day.


For more posts about Julie and her books, click HERE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion