New, Excellent Book Reviews for I Love My Kids, But I Don't Always Like Them (Bagdade)

 


Congratulations to Franki Bagdade for continuing wonderful reviews of her book, I Love My Children, But I Don't Always Like Them

As a parent of two kids and also a psychologist, I have read MANY books on parenting over the years and this one is by far the absolute BEST one I have encountered. It is the perfect length - parents do not have time to read, and this one is manageable, easy to wade through and a pleasure to read. I Love My Kids But I Don't Always Like Them is a brilliant guide to parenting ALL types of children, including our more difficult ones.  Sharp, insightful and solidly based in psychological science, this book is chock full of easy-to-use practical advice, with illustrative, highly relatable and colorful examples. Reading it feels like you are sitting down over coffee with the author herself or a fellow mom (a really smart one!) Franki Bagdade really understands children AND really understands parents, helping bridge the divide between the two. This book goes far in reducing the shame us parents feel when we understandably struggle, and "keeps it real." It is an essential roadmap to dealing with the parts of raising children that are particularly challenging, including tantrums, sensory issues, difficult temperaments, sibling dynamics and neurodiversity. I loved the "key points" section at the end of each chapter with crystal clear takeaways. After eleven years of parenting, I recognize so many of her strategies as ones that are not intuitive, but hard won and gained in the trenches - how I wish I had this book when I was starting out!  (I write this as the mom of a "sensory" child, having survived years of not having a clue about how to handle this). Franki says what we are all thinking - that it is often HARD to enjoy your child, and that this is a solvable problem. The gems of sage advice, from planning ahead, adjusting expectations to each child, experimentation, and conserving "parenting energy" are absolutely invaluable. I will be enthusiastically recommending this book to all of my mom friends and clients who are parents. As someone who is passionate about parent mental health, I feel incredibly grateful to have found this book! 
-Terri Bacow, Ph.D. author of Goodbye Anxiety

I Love My Kids but Don’t Always Like Them helps parents who have challenging kids. Ideas on parenting to help improve a kids’ behavior is invaluable. Sound, practical, wise, and often lifesaving for parents with extra challenged kiddos. 
- Bestselling Co-Authors of The Parent Compass, Cindy Muchnick, M.A. & Jenn Curtis, M.S.W.

For more posts about Franki and her book, click HERE.


                            Sign up for the MSI Press LLC newsletter

                          Follow MSI Press on TwitterFace Book, and Instagram.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion

Author in the news: Gregg Bagdade participates in podcast, "Chicago FireWives: Married to the Job