Changing Your Attitude toward Food Can Save Your Sanity and Add Years to Your Life

photo and The Conversation article by Laura Brown

I cannot stick to diets. I have tried for at 50 years to do so, but I just can't. I know from my friends that I am not alone.

THIS diet, though, I CAN manage. It's not exactly a diet. It is more about modestly manage what you buy and eat, as explained clearly and briefly in this great article from The Conversation today: "Changing Your Diet Could Add Ten Years to Your Life -- New Research."

Very nifty, summative, easy-to-use chart, too. Worth the few minutes to read, especially since research says it may add TEN years to your life.

Easier said than done? If you are struggling with low self-esteem from food being in control of your life, MIS Press author, Dr. Christine Fisanick, has a very sane and helpful approach to it all. She shares remarkable personal details in her book, The Optimistic Food Addict.

Description from Amazon and other sellers: 

The Optimistic Food Addict explores the author's journey through recovery from binge eating disorder. Inspirational, honest, and motivating, this book is guaranteed to contribute significantly to the recovery of readers who also suffer from food addiction as they feel the gritty, raw truth behind the author's words.


#4 Amazon hot new releases
Recommended by US Review of Books
Highly Recommended by MidWest Book Review

From MBWR:
To say that I was moved by Christina Fisanick Greer's memoir, "The Optimistic Food Addict," is an understatement. I found myself in every word. As a fellow food addict, I know what it is to "dance with the dragon" (confront our substances) every day.

Available at MSI Press webstore at 25% discount (use code FF25). 

For more posts by and about Dr. Fisanick and her book, click HERE.

Check out our other posts on dieting and healthy eating.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion

Author in the news: Gregg Bagdade participates in podcast, "Chicago FireWives: Married to the Job