Grandma's Ninja Warrior Diary: Door Instruction


Sometimes grandmothers have a senior moment. Really, they do! It is not just a myth.

For my training regime, that means I could pick up a set of weights, ready to start my workout, and then think, "Why am I holding these weights?"

And then, sometimes, I get busy and forget even about the dates with my weights.

One of the more useful set of exercises I do regularly, from Strong Fitness Magazine (highly recommended), takes only two minutes, but it is a very rigorous two minutes. Remembering to do it regularly, even though it is brief, slips out of mind all too often. So, since this is one of my favorites and most useful, especially for developing cardiac capacity, which is my weakest area (probably is the weakest area for most seniors), I simply posted it on the back of the bedroom door. So, every time I walk out of the master bedroom after getting up, cleaning up, using the bathroom, or spending time on the sun porch off the bedroom, I stop for two minutes and do those exercises -- well, when I am not hard-pressed to find two minutes. (That happens, too.)

Read other blog posts by Grandma.

And watch for this forthcoming book -- not quite ready yet, but this year...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memoriam: Carl Don Leaver

A Publisher's Conversation with Authors: Book Marketing vs Book Promotion