From the Blog Posts of MSI Press Authors: Elizabeth Mahlou says not to lick the blood from a tick!
Bobolink and his famous feather-duster tail
Today's shared blog post comes from Elizabeth Mahlou, author of Blest Atheist and A Believer-in-Waiting's First Encounters with God.
I am not one of the most "aware" people in the world. In general, I am pretty oblivious to the everyday matters of life. I guess that might qualify me as one of the most trusting people around. So, perhaps my reaction to a recent tick-cat interaction could have been expected.
One of the feral cats we feed seemed to have some kind of bump on her back. I explored, thought it was a burr, and pulled it out. It was a huge tick and splattered some blood on me and on the cat. So, since I have not progressed far beyond childhood (or maybe because I am apparently part cat), I licked it off without thinking about it -- it was just a little bit.
Then, out of curiosity, I got online to see if there might be an after-problem for the cat from the tick. I found out that yes, there might be, but also there might be one for me. It is not recommended to drink (or lick) tick blood. (Now I find out!)
So, hubby Donnie knows to watch for odd behavior in me (not sure he would recognize it, though) -- and to complicate matters, I get a typhoid shot on Friday (to prepare for Morocco).
Oh, well, it makes life interesting. I am a risk embracer, so it will be interesting to see what follows.
For more posts about Elizabeth Mahlou and her books, click HERE.
Available at 25% discount with coupon code FF25 at MSI Press Webstore.
Sign up for the MSI Press LLC monthly newsletter
(recent releases, sales/discounts, awards, reviews, Amazon top 100 list, author advice, and more -- stay up to date)
Follow MSI Press on Twitter, Face Book, and Instagram.
Interested in publishing with MSI Press LLC?
Check out information on how to submit a proposal.
Planning on self-publishing and don't know where to start?
Planning on self-publishing and don't know where to start?
Our author au pair services will mentor you through the process.
Interested in receiving a free copy of this or any MSI Press LLC book
in exchange for reviewing a current or forthcoming MSI Press LLC book?
Contact editor@msipress.com.
Want an author-signed copy of this book?
Purchase the book at 25% discount (use coupon code FF25)
and concurrently send a written request to orders@msipress.com.
in exchange for reviewing a current or forthcoming MSI Press LLC book?
Contact editor@msipress.com.
Want an author-signed copy of this book?
Purchase the book at 25% discount (use coupon code FF25)
and concurrently send a written request to orders@msipress.com.
Want to communicate with one of our authors?
You can!
Find their contact information on our Authors' Pages.
You can!
Find their contact information on our Authors' Pages.


Comments
Post a Comment