After 5 days of hunger and waiting, I finally get to see Misho eat again.
Cats & Their People: Stories from Conflict Zones — Misho & Mustafa
(Misho knows nothing about the war in Gaza, but he feels safe with Mustafa.)
Mustafa is a young Gazan, a former pharmacy student, who lost his father and his home and has opened his tent to a cat, Misho, in need of a human, while trying to help his family. Here is his story:
I'm Mustafa Amin Al-Jabour from the Gaza Strip. I'm 22 years old.
I never imagined I would have to ask for help like this, but this is my last chance to protect my family and keep them alive.
My father died in the war, and I was forced to grow up quickly and take responsibility for my family, including my mother and my younger brother, Amin.
Our lives have been completely shattered since October 7th. That was supposed to be the semester I graduated from pharmacy and started working to support my family… but the war changed everything.
Nothing can truly describe what we go through every day. Words are not enough for this reality.
We lived in Khan Yunis during the first months of the war. Part of our home was destroyed by an incendiary shell. We were injured, and we had to escape while it was burning. Since then, we have had no stability.
For two and a half years now, we have been displaced, moving from one place to another, trying to survive and escape death.
During this war, I found my cat, Misho. At a time when I was broken after losing my father, his presence helped ease a deep feeling of depression and loneliness. He became more than just a cat—he became a source of comfort in the middle of all this pain. But today, he suffers with us from hunger, fear, and lack of care.
We are supposed to live a normal, safe life like everyone else, but the war has taken everything from us. I went from being a hardworking pharmacy student with a future to someone struggling every day just to find food and water. We have no income, and this is the hardest period of my life.
Today, after everything we’ve been through, your support is our only hope—to survive, to find safety, and to keep going.
Please don’t underestimate your help. Even one dollar can make a real difference in our lives.
Ameen Aljbour: I lost my dad and my home: my cat became my only hope
This post continues a weekly Caturday series, Cats and Their People: Stories from Conflict Zones. Each installment follows one person and their furs — in Afghanistan, Gaza, Israel, Syria, Ukraine, or wherever survival has become a daily act of devotion. Every story is told with the owner’s request to share. The aim is simple: to bring humanity into places where life has been stripped to its barest essentials, and to show how people and animals hold on together. When appropriate, each post will include ways readers can support the individuals featured.
has gained mass recognition for releasing highly acclaimed books of varying genres
that are distributed internationally. Check us out on Wikitia.
To purchase copies of any MSI Press book at 25% discount,
use code FF25 at MSI Press webstore;
for free shipping, use code ship4free.
(Codes cannot be used together; they are meant to provide a choice of discount.)
Want to read an MSI Press book and not have to pay for it?
(1) Ask your local library to purchase and shelve it.
(2) Ask us for a review copy; we love to have our books reviewed.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ALL OUR AUTHORS AND TITLES AND TO FOLLOW US ON OUR VARIOUS PLATFORMS.
CONTACT INFO@MSIPRESS.COM TO SBUMIT A BOOK PROPOSAL/MAMUSCRIPT OR TO CONTACT ONE OF OUR AUTHORS.
Sign up for the MSI Press LLC monthly newsletter: get inside information before others see it and access to additional book content(recent releases, sales/discounts, awards, reviews, Amazon top 100 list, links to precerpts/excerpts, author advice, and more)Check out recent issues.
MSI Press is ranked among the top publishers in California.
Check out our rankings -- and more -- HERE.



Comments
Post a Comment